Most of us do not pay attention to lose to the food that we eat in our attempt to diet. We think of eating is a higher source of weight, so often we opt for starving ourselves. This is never a good idea. Proper diet, especially those that promote weight loss, should be part of your weight loss journey, and one of those weight-loss promoting food is OATS.
Oats play an essential role in weight loss and combating obesity. Because oats are whole grains, it helps you lose fat and are ideal.
Here are the reasons why you should be eating oats.
- It Contains Fiber. Oats regulate your digestion because of its soluble fiber which becomes a gel-like substance in your digestive system. It keeps you feeling full and even prevents unnecessary appetite or cravings, which means you do not take in too much food and unwanted calories.
- It Contains Protein. One cup of steel-cut oats alone contains about 25 grams of proteins which improves satiety and helps manage weight. The risk of diabetes, heart diseases, and strokes are also reduced by eating protein-rich foods.
- Oats Are Filled With Complex Carbohydrates. These complex carbohydrates are converted to sugar at a slower rate. Converted carbohydrates provide energy in the body, so complex carbohydrates are digested more and are less likely to be stored as fats, unlike simple carbohydrates.
- Oats Contain Low Calories And Fat. A cup of oats contains about 106 calories only- way lesser than any other food. Moreover, it only contains 11 grams of fat but is low in saturated fats, so you are not at risk of weight gain and cardiovascular diseases.
- Oats Provide Energy For Workouts. Oats also contain beta-glucans along with proteins, complex carbohydrates, and soluble fiber which are better options of food to consume before a workout or any exercises.