We will use Dr. Mark Hyman to change the way we think about health.
Health is wealth. People today are struggling with their health and have different reasons and challenges. Most people struggle in weight and fitness, some in chronic disease, and almost all people of all ages and backgrounds are struggling with maintaining good health.
The tricky thing about maintaining health that most of us don’t realize is that we don’t know that it is unhealthy until we notice the symptoms or side effects of the disease. And we all would agree we don’t want to live in that way.
Everyone wants to be healthy, and there is a difference between chasing symptoms or trying to mask up side effects to take care of your body and maintain good health. Just focus on keeping your body as healthy as possible for your system to stay up and function the way it should be so that your body can heal itself as it was designed to.
Functional medicine movement is the foundation of getting the right way to be healthy by giving your body the need to thrive and help you take control of your health.
Dr. Mark Hyman is at the forefront of this movement, and he is from the Institute of Functional Medicine. He is an MD and doctor of functional medicine and also an author of 10 best-selling books about diet, health, and functional medicine.
One of Dr. Mark Hyman’s famous book entitled Eat Fat, Get Thin, changes people’s perspective on fat and understand that some fats are needed to stay healthy and thinner. This diet encourages people to eat real food to maintain good health and take care of their bodies.
“Eat Fat, Get Thin” is a fantastic book where you will know one of the best ways to get the best health you need. We will share with you the knowledge we have gained through reading his book that Mark Hyman’s best health tips that can help you put you on the road to a healthier body and a healthier future.
7 Health Tips That Will Change Your Life
- Eliminate Sugar. There is nothing more dangerous to your health than sugar. Dr. Mark Hyman’s book, Eat Fat, Get Thin, goes into great detail about how sugar can affect your body and your health. Most people love eating sugar, especially Americans, and the more sugar we eat, the more our body creates insulin and insulin freezes fat. The sugar we intake does not only hold extra fat that will lead us to get obese, but it will also make us vulnerable to getting some gruesome sickness and disease like acne, cancer, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s. We can get sugar in almost all the food we eat and most especially that food that is processed. And according to Mark Hyman Diet, the sugar we intake should make up less than 10% of our diet. So now, pay more attention to how much sugar you are eating and then you will be surprised to find out the sugar you are consuming. Right after you’ll know, start to lessen the sugar you eat.
- Getting More Fiber. Fiber is an essential part of our diet. In his book Eat Fat Get Thin, Dr. Hyman cited that Americans are getting up to 8 grams per day, instead of the average 150 grams/fiber per day. Vegetables and leafy green naturally should be part of our diet. He even suggested making 75% of our plates from vegetables and such.
- If It Comes In A Box, Don’t Eat It. Why? Simply because packaged items are filled with chemicals, salt, sugar, and other dangerous substances that can harm your body. This is considered to be one of the most difficult changes to make because so much of our food today come in a box.
- Detox. Most people are apprehensive about detox. But did you know that this is one of the best things you can do to your body? Detox does not only help lose weight, but it flushes out your system, removing all chemicals that might have adverse effects on your body. Dr. Mark Hyman, in his book 10 Day Detox, suggests resetting the entire system through 10 days of detoxifying the body. He promises you will start feeling and seeing the changes, and according to him, his readers reported a 62% decrease in their disease symptoms.
- Avoid Soda. Most people would think that switching to diet soda or zero-calorie soda can help or drinking soda once in a while is enough, but it’s not. You should avoid soda at all costs. Dr. Mark Hyman further explains that soda is bad and refers to it as liquid death. Soda is the number one cause of obesity in children and increases the risk of diabetes by 65% for children and 80% for women.
- Change Your Oil. This is one of the easiest changes you can make. Instead of using canola or vegetable oil, use coconut oil as this is by far the healthiest option. So often we think that all fats contribute to weight gain, but coconut oil is a natural source of healthy fats that can even help in losing weight. We need to eat healthy fats not only to be healthier but also to maintain a healthier weight as well.
- Take Supplements. Most people think about supplements negatively; however, it is essential to take healthy supplements daily. Functional medicine to doctors like Dr. Mark Hyman can further explain the benefits of taking the right supplement every day. While there are supplements that are needed for specific health issues, there are three supplements that everyone should take, with or without health issues and these are a good multivitamin, a fish oil (Omega 3), and vitamin D. Other general supplements to consider for better overall health include green tea, black pepper, resveratrol, curcumin, carnitine and lipoic acid.
These seven essential health tips will help you eat the right things and prevent you from adding the wrong things in your diet.
Be healthy. That is your end goal.